Thursday, February 09, 2012
Good morning & Happy Thursday! I can’t believe how quickly the days have flown by this week. We have something BIG going on here tomorrow which has taken lots of planning, but it will all be worth it! Make sure you stop back to see some new *rubber* goodness tomorrow morning! But first, I’m joining together with the Baker’s Dozen for the February Calendar Challenge. If you missed our January Calendar Challenge, you can join in any time! Here are all the deets:
Each month the Baker’s Dozen will supply inspiration using Taylored Expressions Calendar Products and showcasing designs for the current month. To play along you simply need to choose a TE Calendar Product to use with any stamps or papercrafting supplies you’d like. Create a calendar page using the month in the title of my post, post it on your blog or online gallery, and come back here to add your link to the Mr. Linky at the end of the post. GOOD NEWS!! All of the 2013 calendar products are now available at the TE Store so you can start working ahead on gifts for next year. Find them all in the Fresh Out of the Oven department!
And what would a challenge be without a prize!? Everyone who participates in 10 out of 12 months of the calendar challenge will be entered into a random drawing for a prize package of TE stamps, dies, and other supplies worth over $150! You can join in anytime and catch up on past challenges too. If you didn’t play along in January, you can click here to upload your January project.
I’ve really enjoyed having my calendar out on my desk during the month of January so I decided to continue on with the magnetic acrylic calendar and create a new insert for February. I pulled out the sweet Love Shack set and patterned papers from the We R Memory Keepers Love Struck paper pad. I also used Crystal Stickles on all of the hearts and the Cloud Duo die up in the sky. And then I thought the mini calendar page needed a special little something to mark Valentine’s Day so I used a small heart image from the Fly Your Flag 2 set and stamped it in Warm Red ink over the 14th. The mini calendar is adhered over the top of the acrylic frame so that I can easily rip off the month when it passes and just create a new insert for the base.
Now here’s a quick recap of the calendar challenge rules:
- The challenge for the current month will go up at 8 am PST on the 2nd Thursday of each month and you can play along any time after that.
- Use any TE calendar product and any stamps or papercrafting supplies to decorate the current month (not required to use TE Stamps).
- Post your creation to your blog or on-line gallery. If you post your creation on SCS or other on-line gallery please use KEYWORD: TECALCHAL
- Add your direct link to the Mr. Linky list below. The linky list will remain open all year, so you have the opportunity to go back and catch up should you start late or miss a month. Find January link list HERE.
- Show your spirit for the calendar challenge and grab our blog badge HERE.
- ENTER TO WIN! Everyone who plays in 10 or more of our monthly Calendar Challenges in 2012 will automatically be entered to win a Taylored Expressions Prize Package valued at over $150!!!! The winner will announced on New Year’s Day 2013.
Now before you get started on your calendar project, you’ll want to take a look at the fabulous calendar inspiration from the Baker’s Dozen gals: