Thursday, November 28, 2013
Thanksgiving is a holiday that lasts for one day, yet the spirit that it encourages lasts much longer. Each year I enjoy taking time to pause and reflect on the people and things that have blessed my life throughout the year. There are so many things I’m thankful for it’s impossible to count them all!
But today I thought I’d give ‘voice’ (more literally, typescript) to my Top Ten list. Some of these are silly and playful while others are serious. I hope you’ve all taken some time to consider what and who tops your list this Thanksgiving holiday.
1. I am thankful for my amazing husband who supports me in the big and small of life. Who will wake up in the middle of the night to feed Charlotte a bottle so that I can sleep. Who works tirelessly to make sure we all have clean clothes (yes, Jon does the laundry!). Who will set his work aside for a game of hide and go seek with Madi.
2. I am thankful for my family. For my mom who has always supported my dreams and my business and loves being silly with the girls. For my dad who is always willing to come over and rock Charlotte to sleep. For my mother and father in law who will drop just about anything to hang out with their grandkids. For my sisters who traveled long distances to share this holiday together.
3. I am thankful for two beautiful and healthy daughters. Here’s where I have to take a proud mommy moment and share a picture. They bring such joy to our lives. Madelyn can make us laugh ’til we cry and Charlotte is a sweet and precious gift from above.
4. I am thankful for the entire team at Taylored Expressions. I get to work with the most amazing team of people every day. If the dictionary was in the form of a scrapbook, you’d find their faces next to the words dedicated, excellent, and delightful. They work incredibly hard to share the joy of TE through fresh products, inspiring samples, and excellent service!
5. I am thankful for the loyal customers and crafty friends of Taylored Expressions. You inspire me with the stories of how you use your time and talents to share handmade joy with those around you. Taylored Expressions has grown to new heights this year and you have humbled me with your support!
6. I am thankful for sweet potato souffle. We’re all enjoying this sweet, yummy, marshmallowey goodness today!
7. I am thankful for days when I can take a nap. Or better yet, I am thankful for nights when Charlotte sleeps for more than 3 hours at a stretch!
8. I am thankful for the first snow of the season. Yes, just the first snow… the rest of them can take a hike! *wink*
9. I am thankful for donuts. Any day that includes donuts is suddenly brighter.
10. I am thankful for Pinterest. It makes me realize how incredibly un-organized I am, how boring my recipes are, and how much I truly need a ‘fashion’ makeover. LOL
I hope you and your family have a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving!