Monday, December 14, 2015
Happy Monday, crafty friends! Thank you to everyone for making last week’s Release Week so fun. We are fully in the swing of the holidays now, and today, Creative Team member Charmaine Ikach has created an adorable gift sack for packaging up yummy treats. Here, she used store-bought dog treats to give to a dog-loving friend. What would your version of ‘reindeer food’ be? Check out her step-by-step instructions below.
1. Die-cut the box using the Sack It To You die. Cut 2 pieces out of Toffee Cardstock.
2. Before assembling the box, die-cut a window in one of the sides using the Heart Stacklets dies.
3. Die-cut the following pieces using the Sack it – Reindeer dies:
- Ears out of Chocolate Truffle cardstock.
- Eyes and handle out of Oreo cardstock.
- Nose out of Cherry Pop cardstock and coat in red glitter.
- Antlers out of Sugar Cube cardstock and coat in gold glitter.
4. Attach the ears, eyes and nose to the same panel from which you die-cut the heart.
5. Assemble the box using a strong adhesive.
6. Fill a cello bag with candy or pet treats, tie with ribbon, and put into box.
7. Die-cut holly for the bag using the Very Merry Outlines dies (Sweet Basil Cardstock) and the “eye” from Sack It – Reindeer (Cherry Pop Cardstock).
8. Adhere the antlers and handle to the box.
9. Die-cut holly for the box using the Little Bits – Holly die out of Sweet Basil and Cherry Pop Cardstock and adhere next to the window.
Thanks so much, Charmaine, for sharing such a wonderful way to package up some holiday treats! For more of Charmaine’s fabulous work, visit her blog at: Oodabug Alley. Have a joyful day!